Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Monday, September 08, 2008

So I realized some of you might not know....

I am relocating back East this winter. Philadelphia to be more specific.

Why you may wonder?
Yes well- I do LOVE Chicago, and it has been fabulous to me for the past 4 years. But it is a)cold...a lot. b)far away from family and friends back east. c)no room for advancement at my current job d)did I mention cold and far away from family and friends?

Why Phily?

East Coast City! YAY!
Mass transit is good so I wont need a car! Double YAY!
Amtrack trains can take me north to NYC and Hillary, South to MD for Heather and Eric, further south to DC for well all my freinds and fam there, further south to Fredricksberg to my Mom and Brother, further south to Richmond for my nieces and nephews and just past that the same train will take me to Newport News and all my Va beach peeps, or to Raleigh to D and Jess. (see much more connected there than here)

Theater scene in Phily is BIG, and thriving. :) So the plan is to get into Childrens Theater or start one.

Cost of living is virtually the same as here.

So yeah..thats why Philly.

The time line is a little flexible. I am leaving here for sure by Jan 31st. thats all I got.

Till then, I will be couch surfing around and saving money and trying to have a great time in the city I love while I still have the time to do it. Because I have a whole new city to fall in love with. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Epiphany said…

    Ahhhh...that explains it!

    Excellent - Best of luck! I hope you enjoy your remaining Chicago time and that Philly is even better for you.
    Love,
    C

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    Congrats on the move! Is Eric moving up?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home