Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Friday, May 11, 2007

Drama Queen


Drama Queen
Originally uploaded by MariGerard.
So last Sunday I am waiting for the Clark bus to work, and a family with a 3 year old girl walk by me. The little girl is closest to me holding her moms hand. Just as she passes me I hear her scream " I WANT IT!!!" and she bursts into tears, repeating "I WANT IT" as her parents are continuing to walk with her. I look at her and she is pointing to me. Still Crying and repeating "I Want it! Mine! The Princess! I Want it" The Mom is looking at me, and telling her child "I dont see a princes. I dont know what you want. Its ok, lets keep walking" "Nooooooo!" the little girl cries, "The Princess!! I WANT IT!!" they are still walking and now getting further away from me. I shrug and shake my head and they nod at me, and pick up the crying girl who's eyes are still fixated on ME...

then the bus comes and I swing my purse around to get my bus card out of the pocket of my purse and I find the Princess. Right there on my bag that was hanging on my hip (eye level for the passing three year old) was my Drama Queen button. There it was, the princess that the little girl had wanted. And we all just thought she was halucinating... : )

Have a great Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home