Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Friday, December 09, 2005

So last night it snowed....


morning snow
Originally uploaded by MariGerard.
and snowed....and snowed. And this morning I left early and was still late for work. I knew it was going to be a bad day when I got on the eL and found a seat right away..(that never happens and is a BAD omen when it does) Then I droped my Ipod suffle in on the gunky slush covered floor of the train. EEEEEWWWWWW! Then I realized that I had left the keys to my work buildning on the bookshelf by the door of the apt. Not good seeing as I am the only Gymboree manager with one at this moment. I could only pray that the janator would beat me to the building and open the door. About 15 min into my ride (just after this shot was taken) we went underground and came to a halt. The driver comes on the intercom and informs us that a passenger on a train ahead of us has had a heart attack and we would be standing underground untill they could get him off and clear the station. 22 min later they had acomplished this task. It is now 8:30- the time I am soposed to be at work. I am underground and can not call anyone. Now I knew getting the seat was a bad omen. I emerge above ground at 8:40. I still have to pray for the Roosevelt bus to be there so I don't have to hike through knee deep snow across the Roosevelt bridge for 20 min to get to work. The bus arrives and I got a hold of one of my employees to discover that the janator had unlocked the buildning- but my students were ariving and I was 7 blocks away- and in no way ready for class. Long story short- I get there at 5 min till 9. Run around like a chicken with my head cut off to get set up and get class going only 5 min late. Now all I have to do Is get that key that is on my bookshelf to the girl who opens tomorrow after I get home tonight, and all my worries of today will be solved. I look forward to sleeping tonight and forgetting that today even happened! Hope your TGIF was better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home