Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Thursday, April 06, 2006

When it rains...it rains some more!


OUCH!!
Originally uploaded by MariGerard.
So march was a pretty basd month for me health wise..(as in expensive) Somach flu early month, chipped tooth late month, and now last night on my way home from work- I side step on the side walk to let a ridiculously LARGE double stroller (that could have doubled as a small compact car in size) past me on the sidewalk, and I hit uneven ground and do this to my ancle. Oh yeah- then I have to hobble home (one block to the L- 45min L ride-one block from L to house-up three flights of stairs) I walk into my apt in so much pain I am laughing uncontrolably. (those of you who know me really well know that when I am in SUPER pain suddenly- I laugh instead of cry- I have no idea why that happens) Chris was like "Oh God you are laughing, what did you do?" I took off my shoe and showed him this...he gets up puts on his shoes and says "get your insurance card-you need to go to the hospital. " Fortuneately I live 1 block from Weiss Memorial and we go there to find an empty ER. Total ER time including Xrays and treatment, 1 hr and 10 min. In Wilmington that would have been a 4 hour ordeal. No broken bones- (thank goodness) Ice, rest, elivation and crutches for three days and I am right a rain...well almost. The ace bandage needs to be kept on for support for like two weeks, but then right as rain. Today I get a day off, and tomorrow it is desk work. Next time I just run into the SUV stroller and let them pay for my hospital bills.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    OMG! We're gonna have to put you in a plastic bubble soon, Mari! What voodoo witch doctor did you piss off recently? Get well soon!

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    damn girl y aren't you on ripleys cuz that looks like you are trying to grow another foot. miss ya kiddo. see if you were in dc you wouldn't have to move for the suvs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home