Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursdays....


Heh....
Originally uploaded by MariGerard.
Are like the hardest work day ever for me. They are filled with meetings, and usually a plethora of renter needs and all other sorts of Hoo Ha that I have to handle. Today was mostly the same, peppered with like 3 irate patrons who just do not understand that when you move your seats to another series for a season, your old seats that you had a year ago get released and given to other patrons in the series that you moved out of, thus making it impossible to give you back your origional seats in your origional series after a whole year has passed....but I digress.

Last night I got to take advantage of one of the perks of my job by scoring two tickets to see Rick Cleaveland's One man show MY BUDDY BILL, about his 2 year sporatic friendship with Bill Clinton, that spanned from the last year he was in office till Hillary was about ready to run for the Senate. Rick Cleaveland was a writer for The West Wing and Six Feet Under...and his show was Hilarious! It will air on comedy Central in June or July...catch it if you can- it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Other than that- I am just getting ready for Summer in Chicago. I am buying a Bike (used of course) this weekend or next so I can attempt to bike to work on nice days. I am very excited about this. Chicago has been adding Bike lanes to many of the most comonly used streets, and I can take my bike on the bus or train for free...so I think this crazy plan might actually work out.

I hope you all are having a good week.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Epiphany said…

    We get those patrons.
    Those ones that want you to boot out a perfectly nice patron, one the PLAYS BY THE RULES, in order to put their slacker booty back in their original seats.

    And the other good ones are those who "forget to renew," and then call you up a month or so after the first event to bless you out for not renewing them automatically. "I've been a subscriber with you for 20 years. And now you just GIVE my seats away??" blahblah...
    And you can't actually say what you're thinking: Mr. Jones, if you've been subscribing for that many years, shouldn't you know by now that this time of year is renewal time? And no, we didn't GIVE them away. We sold them. To a paying patron. Who submitted their order form BEFORE the deadline. Maybe you'll learn from this unpleasant experience and next time think about returning that order instead of just assuming that we know you haven't died, moved away, or simply decided not to come to the concerts any more, and that you want to renew those same seats. Perhaps you weren't aware that we have well over a THOUSAND subscribers, and that hand-holding is not in my contract. Also, MY PSYCHIC ABILITIES COST EXTRA. Suck on that.

    Ahem.
    No, I'm not bitter, why do you ask? ;-)

    I wish I could tell you it gets better, but I'd be lying. It doesn't get any better. Ever.

    Have a Lurvely Day anyway! :)
    -Epiphany

     

Post a Comment

<< Home