Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Look away MoM!!


The Nose Ring
Originally uploaded by MariGerard
ok- so on my last day of vacation, I totally lost my mind (as one tends to do on the eve of one's 34th birthday) and my friend Ben who works at a tatoo Parlor and Piercing shop, offered to pierce something for me for my birthday. And so, seeing as nose rings have become so acceptable, and I already had a small scar on my nose right there so if I take it out to let it close up one day it wont leave a new mark... I didnt see how I could say no. Only hurt a bit because I have a "Thick" nose as he put it- and after the needle they have to cork screw in your jewelry...so that was unpleasant. But Its all healed up now and I dont even notice it anymore.

It was an extremely sterile process involving lots of handwashing and surgically sterilized instruments, and the after care involved daily cleanings and washings with the anticeptic they give you just like when you pierce your ears.

I have a tiny fake diamond chip in there now...and might switch to a small flat flower for fun some day. This pic is close up so it loos bigger than it actually is. And dont worry, I will NEVER wear a hoop through it...that just looks crazy. My boss (who is 43) loves it and has said she might concider getting one herself...

Sorry to give you a stroke Mom, but I figured you should know now before I come home for the holidays and you faint like you did when I got my first tatoo. Everyone seems to think it looks good on me. I will more than likely take it out....in about 6 years. :)

Happy thurdsday all!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger bettyboop said…

    You, my friend are a braver soul than I. I wanted SOOOO bad to get my nose done, I chickened the fuck out everytime. It looks really good on you.

    Blessings and peace,
    Betty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home