Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Friday, February 11, 2005

Former Voice Student on American Idol

So I thought this was pretty cool. A former voice student of mine is on American Idol. Her name is Sarah Mather. She is from Wilmington. I worked with her for what seems like just a min. way back in 2003 or it might have been 2002- at Cape Fear School of the Arts. She sang in a band I used to go and see around town a lot. I asked her if she ever had training- she was like no- and I gave her my card. We only worked for about 6 or 7 weeks because the school was closing for the summer and her schedule didn't have room for me in the fall. But we did breath training and some tonal stuff- but admittedly- she had a GREAT voice to begin with. The most I probably did for her was give her a good vocal workout routine and some breath strength excersizes. She has made it to hollywood, and I have to watch next week and see if she's going on to the finals. If she wins I am going back into the voice lessons buisness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home