Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Sunday, February 06, 2005

In Memorium -Seagate Colony: 1974-2005


Seagate colony
Originally uploaded by MariGerard.
This is My Grandmother's Condo in Va Beach. She bought it when the building was being built in 1974 for $75,000. (I won't tell you what she just sold it for-but she got her money back, several times) She lived here with my Grandfather till he passed away. Then she was here when I moved to Va Beach in 1987 to start high school. I have spend countless hours here with my friends, by myself, with my family. It was a two bedroom two bath condo- that could sleep 13 comfortably- between pull out sofa's(2) recliners (2) ches lounges on the balcony (2)floor space with patio cusions (6+). It was a common ground that everyone could find, and that brought you peace when you were there. She is moving to Annapolis to be closer to family, and this place is no longer ours...I will miss it very much as will many of my friends and all of my family I am sure. But we can all agree that it has been a wonderful place to come and see my grandmother and spend time together with our loved ones. It will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home