Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Mardi Gras King and Queen

So it was night of the SUPERSTARS last night at Scot's a great little place under the brown line. I sang Some Diana Ross, Jamiroquai and Nancy Sinatra then me and my friend Jason (he's the ghost in Hamlet and lives on my street) sang Elephant Love Medly from Mulan Rouge and brought down the house! There was a Mardi Gras king and queen award of $50 dollars each and Jason was sure if we had done another duet we could have nabbed the prize money- but it was midnight and we both had to work in the morning so we were good and took a cab home. But it was oodles of fun. I showed my belly button and got lots of beads (it was a gay bar so they weren't interested in seeing much else and I wasn't interested in showing much else!)Chris was ill so he stayed at home. It felt good to go out with my brother and some friends of mine (Bobby who plays Hamlet came out too)made me feel a little less homesick for my fiends in Wilmington.(sorry guys I still love ya thought) Now I am in the middle of my long day here at Gymboree, just trying to keep my eyes open. Might have to take a power nap during my two hour break at 2pm! MMMMMmmmmmm...nap.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home