Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Monday, August 29, 2005

Summer of Joy

SO summer is coming to a close this weekend with Labor Day. My first summer in Chicago was great, and hot. Not Wilmington hot of course, but hot non the less. This summer has been filled with great vacations and hard work. I have taken forward steps to getting my theater company off the ground. I am working with a really special Theater Company called Redmoon who is pushing the envelope of what we know to be modern theater daily. (visit: www.redmoon.org and see more about them) I had a wonderful birthday, and realized 32 isn't so bad. Chris got his dream job, (though currently they are working him to death this past week.)Gymboree is going through a major change in teaching styles and curriculum and that has bee extremely exciting, and challenging for the managers (me being one of them), but extremely rewarding. We had a great visit from a really good friend for just over a month and that was cool. All in all- it has been a summer full of joy, and I look forward to the upcoming fall. A year ago this week I was still recovering from my surgery and preparing to move to Chicago. Time was ticking away and I was savoring all my last days in Wilmington. Now time is ticking away and I am savoring all the last days of Summer in Chicago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home