Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Merry Ho Ho Ho


Merry Ho Ho Ho
Originally uploaded by MariGerard.
This is the ground floor of the Thompson Center in Chicago..a 20 story Mall/Buisness office complex that houses many stores, eateries and the DMV. I had to visit this place twice yesturday trying to get an ID because Monday a GRINCH stole my wallet out of my back pack while I was wearing it!! My ID, Credit cards, social security card, insurance card, company Amex- and 50 bucks in cash! BOOOOOO!! Bad Karma will come to that guy...BOOOOOO. Fortunately my bank called me when they tried 7 ATMs to get my money out. I only had 88 cents so there wasn't anything to take- but My identity was much harder to prove with out the documents they stole. Social Security told me they couldn't issue a new card with out a valad ID. The DMV told me they couldn't give me an Id without a social security card. I cried, threw a fit, begged people and asked what the hell was I soposed to do- and all anyone would tell me was "I don't know". I had an expired picture ID, my lease, the police report about my wallet being stolen, my birth certificate, my college photo id with my social security number on it..none of it was acceptable. Finally a simpathetic woman at the second social security offfice I went to in CHicago used my birth certificate as id even though she wasn't soposed to and gave me the documentation I needed to get an ID at the DMV. Took 6 hours total to work it all out and I had to miss a day of work. Bah Humbug to you jerk who stole my wallet!! I hope the 50 bucks bought you whatever you needed it so despirately for, and I hope you know what goes around comes around man!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    That really sucks. I hope that guy injects all $50 worth of heroin at once and dies in a pool of his own vomit for Christmas. Dick.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger MariGerard said…

    word! Thanks man!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home