Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Patricio Gustavo Saavedra


Me and My Father
Originally uploaded by MariGerard.
Patricio Gustavo Saavedra "Pat", 56, on June 28, 2006 at Henrico Doctors Forest Hospital, Richmond, Va. A 13-year heart-transplant survivor, Mr. Saavedra acted and directed in major East Coast dinner theaters as Pat Anthony Aleman. Formerly adjunct faculty at VCU, House Manager for Wolf Trap Park for the Performing Arts, a high school drama, English, and Spanish teacher, an Arlington Co. policeman and an OPM EEO Representative. He is survived by his wife, Donna; daughter, Mariangela; sister, Caridad Pettiot; brother and sister-in-law, Pedro and Martha; stepchildren, Michael and Dana; grandchildren, Randy, Ashley, Raymond, and Emily; and nieces and nephews. He will be greatly missed by his close friends and students. A memorial service will be held at Goodwill Baptist Church, 8701 Hungary Springs Road, Richmond, Va., on Saturday, July 8, at 2 p.m. A memorial Mass is planned for July 15 at St. Charles Catholic Church, Arlington, Va. Donations may be made to the Virginia Transplant Council, 9200 Arboretum Parkway, Suite 104, Richmond, Va. 23236.
Published in the Richmond Times-Dispatch on 7/5/2006.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mari,
    its ashkey, from ILM. I just read your post and Iam so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. I miss you so much and I cannot wait to see you again, one day. It is my wish for you that you find the strength to go on, to persevere. Know that I love you like a sister and if there is anything you want to tlak to me about please call me.

    In Peace,
    Ashley

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    Mari,

    Jenny, Sylvie, and I send our deepest sympathies to you and your family. Hand in there. I'm glad I got to meet your dad, he was a very nice guy.

    JJS

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mari -
    May peace be with you...

    Heather

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    Uncle Pat was a great man. I am sorry. He always had a place for his nerdy niece. I think about him often. I have a talent for pictures and making art work out of them. I would like to make one for you. If you have any picture of people Uncle Pat cared about and was in could you email them to me. rvsaavedra@hotmail.com
    I continue to think about you and I wish I kept in touch a wee bit better.
    Rita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home