Theatre Freaking

The Life and Times Of A Theatre Freak in Chicago

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mardi Mari


Mardi Mari
Originally uploaded by MariGerard.
So last night was Fat Tuesday- and just like last year I found myself in Scot's on Montrose singing Kareoke. I Rocked! I sang Killing me softly by the Fugees. I sang Candy Everybody Wants by 10,000 Maniacs. I sang Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai, and I finished the night at Midnight with These Boots are Made for Walking by Nancy Sinatra! I got LOTS of cool beads from the people at the bar for singing so awsome. It was cool. The guys sitting next to me even ordered a Pizza and gave me three pieces! I offered to pay even though I had no cash, but they wouldn't take it and that was nice. I had saved 8 points on my weight watchers points plan so I could have a few beers (a light beer is 2 points) and I only took 5 dollars with me. (thats two cheap beers and a pathetic tip in case you were wondering how far 5 bucks goes) and I managed to get my two beers, have one bought for me by the bartender for my rendition of killing me softly, and the pizza guys bought me a beer. And the pizza was only 4 points itself- so I still didn't go over my daily points! How cool was that. Even cooler was that Jenny drove so I didn't have to mass transit it home. All in all it was a great night! The Mardi Gras Theme was Toga- since I was not going out in Chicago in a Toga- this Greek/Romanesk outfit I put together had to do. The purple wrap my mom made and draped it did look Toga-esk. Click on the pic to take you to Flickr where you can check out the other pics from the night! Happy wednesday all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home